Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Beginning Life III

To me this looks deep - life being created right before our eyes … Again it is 3D - I can go right inside this image and floating around with the rest of the pieces of matter and life. We are now at the beginning of this year’s cycle of life (in the northern hemisphere). Time to start afresh!

Beginning Life III

Beginning Life III, Digital © Diane Clancy

I created 17 different images in the Beginning Life series. Once I got going playing with this set of digital paintings, I couldn’t stop. They are so similar yet so different. Years ago, someone suggested they would be fantastic in a video. I think I know how to do that now and it is on my list of things to do.

This was created entirely in the computer program Painter with KPT filters. As with many of my other digital images, extensive layering is involved to create the translucent properties of this painting.

I think I will translate this image into a different color scheme. Those of you who follow my work know that green is not my usual choice. I wonder what this would look like in my pink/purple/aqua. I will get back to you on that.

~ Diane Clancy

4 comments:

Making A Mark said...

Thansk for commenting on my blog Diane

The reason I don't do the full feed anymore is because my feed was being stripped out of my blog and fed automatically into other blogs - without the copyright notice.

Since those blogs were all spam blogs - set up to carry Google ads and to earn income by using other people's blog posts - I was in effect being defrauded. Not a situation I was happy to continue.

The blog is now set up to deliver the short feed and if you click the link can visit the full blog post - which cannot now be fed into spam blogs.

Artists With Artitude said...

Diane, that was my first question: why green? And then you sort of answered..I would like to see it in a different scheme too...I like the purple (or is pink?) touches. Why did you choose green? I am curious (is it for "life?")

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Neda,

I think green was for life ... I don't remember how or why I started with green - it must have seemed right then.

But green just doesn't fill me up very much - at least in general.

~ Diane Clancy

Heart It