Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Abstract Design X

This design is like a mandala to my mind. I like the sense of water flowing and the flames of fire in the one digital painting. This is part of my wrapping paper design series but I am not sure if it would be good for this purpose. It is very different from much of my work - except I do feel incredible motion in this painting and does evoke an emotional response in me. Actually, now that you mention it, there is also a richness of color that is in harmony with my other artwork.

Abstract Design X, Digital © Diane Clancy


That is what I want to share about in this post tonight … this being different from much of my work. Lately a friend said, “I love the whimsical and poetic quality of your work. A true inspiration!” I am very excited about a fellow artist (or anyone for that matter) seeing my work that way.

I have often spoken of color being the underlying unifying theme of my work. This quote from yesterday is making wonder if a “whimsical and poetic quality” could also be applied to my paintings of all kinds. When I think through my work, perhaps this does cross from my oil paintings to my kitty paintings to my designs.

But I have on my mind tonight … am I too spread out? Some reading today suggests that very important to specialize. To not do work that is different from what one usually does. I need to keep thinking about all this.

~ Diane Clancy

No comments:

Heart It